The Do’s and Don’ts of Event Planning
With it being the holiday season, a lot of us are planning events for our businesses. We had a chance to chat with Jessica Park, owner of JPark Events about the DOs and DON’Ts of planning an event or party. JPark Events offers full production event planning so we knew Park would be an expert on the subject!
- Do have an emergency kit: safety pins, glue guns, etc. Be prepared for anything to happen!
- Do make a timeline of events to keep everyone on the same page.
- Do collaborate with people in your area: Building relationships are very valuable, and you gain support for each other.
- Do use social media to your advantage. Pinterest is a savvy tool to share the results and layouts of your event.
- Don’t forget your certification! It’s not something you necessarily have to have, but it legitimizes your business and looks more professional and appealing to customers.
- Don’t base an event off of your wants as a planner, base it off of your customer needs.
JPark Events is where dessert meets design. With over 17 years of experience in event coordination and restaurant operations, Jessica Park creates one-of-a-kind dessert bars that complement the overall aesthetic of your event. Dessert bars being their specialty, they also offer full production event planning for weddings and corporate events as well as event staffing.
One Response to “The Do’s and Don’ts of Event Planning”
Leave a Reply